Treating a child with an illness is not the same as treating an adult. It requires specialized care and a different degree of understanding. Our Advanced Neonatal & Paediatric Tertiary Care Centre provides inpatient, outpatient, emergency, primary and preventive paediatric care, from birth to adolescence.
We have a Level III neonatal care with a 1:1 patient to nurse ratio, which has earned us the status of a referral unit in the region. Functioning in tandem with other specialties including Obstetrics & Paediatric surgery, the department is fully geared to handle life threatening situations involving in-utero transfers as well as neonatal and paediatric surgical emergencies.
- Housed in a spacious 5000 sq. ft. area with separate intensive care units for neonatal and paediatric emergencies.
- Neonatal ICU (30 bed facility)
- Paediatric ICU (17 bed facility)
- Best available equipments – Ventilators, Incubators, Neurosonography and Echocardiography machines, Blood Gas Analysers, Pulse Oximeters, Syringe/Infusion pumps, Blue Phototherapy, Colour Doppler, CT Scan and central oxygen.
- Experienced nurses providing one-on-one care for children
- Services of a resident paediatrician available 24 hours a day
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
The NICU has a capacity of 30 beds providing 24 hour service on a one-to-one basis to out born babies with multiple problems warranting intensive care. The neonatology unit comprises of three separate divisions based on the grading of risks.
- Critical Care -For high risk babies needing interventional treatment, modalities including artificial ventilation, exchange transfusion etc. and constant monitoring
- High Dependency -In-utero transfers & inborn babies - extreme preterm or babies with neonatal problems requiring close monitoring
- Low Dependency - Growing Nursery -For low birth weight babies needing careful feeding techniques; aseptic nursing care and close observation
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
The PICU with a capacity of 17 beds handles the entire spectrum of paediatric emergencies both medical and surgical.
High Risk Governance
In high-risk pregnancies, the mother is transferred to the hospital prior to delivery to avoid preventable complications to the newborn and mother; the latter is subject to CTG monitoring followed by timely intervention as and when indicated. Problems likely to occur while transferring a high-risk baby after delivery can be thus prevented.
Extreme premature/IUGR, Meconium Aspiration Syndrome, RDS, Neonatal jaundice, etc. requiring interventional treatment.
Regular Follow up Clinics
- Neuro developmental assessment and intervention
- Growth & nutrition
- Monitoring screening for Retinopathy Of Prematurity (ROP) & in-house cryo therapy when indicated
- Screening for hearing
Our Achievements during a decade of service
Survival rate of babies greater than 25 weeks
600 to 800 gm- 60 to 70 %
800 gm to 1 Kg- 80 %
The “Well Baby Clinic” provides an entire spectrum of immunization needs, growth and development monitoring including counselling on nutrition for children.
To ensure continued well being for your children, we also offer a “Child Check” package that includes routine laboratory and radiography investigations along with consultation in Paediatrics, ENT, Ophthalmology and Dentistry by our in-house specialist doctors.
For appointments- 0484 - 2807101 to 2807109
New Born Nursery- 24 hrs helpline- 0484-2806066
Team of Doctors
Head of the Department
MD, DCH Neonatology (UK)
MBBS, Dip. Paed. (Vienna)
Suja Jacob Mathew
Meryl Stanley Parekkat
MD (Paed), Neonatology Fellowship