General Medicine department in EMC, this is one of the oldest departments in the hospital and has been involved in providing holistic healthcare to our patients over the last 30 years. Our physicians with decades of experience handle the prevention, diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of various diseases from simple fever to complex conditions for patients above the age of 18 years.
Serving as a base specialty, the department provides an evidence based clinical evaluation of the patients’ condition and forms the basis of treatment for other multi-disciplinary specialists, if the situation warrants organ-specific advanced care.
• Outpatient and inpatient care that includes assessment, diagnosis, treatment, reassessments and follow-up services for patients with various medical disease conditions.
• Management of medical emergencies
• Medical Intensive Care services
• Diabetic Clinic / Asthma Clinic
• Diagnosis and treatment of most acute and chronic medical conditions such as PUO, Hypertension, Diabetes and related complications, haemorrhagic fever evaluation, and treatment, Bronchial Asthma & COPD, Tuberculosis.
• Immunization / vaccination
• Patient education for Diabetes Mellitus & Asthma
• General medical checkup/screening for age group above 18 years
• Evaluation for surgical fitness
• Consultation and advice to referral patients
• The issue of medical certificates, treatment certificates, and discharge summary.
• Second opinion services
Click Here to learn more about some of the common conditions and treatments provided by the medical department.
The facilities offered by our general medicine department include:
• Consultation from highly experienced specialist physicians
• Investigative procedures for Clinical laboratory, X-ray, CT Scan, Ultrasound scan, Colour Doppler and MRI Scan, working round the clock.
• Physiotherapy, dietary services
• In-house pharmacy working round the clock
• Medical ICU (22 beds) with all modern amenities
• State-of-the-art burns ICU (6 beds)
Click on the name to learn more about the consultant and to schedule an appointment.
Dr. Antony Thatchil, MD (Gen. Med.)
Chief Consulting Physician
Dr. Sony Joseph Vadakkel, MD (Gen. Med.)
Senior Consultant Physician
Dr. N.P.Kamarudeen, MD (Gen.Med.)
Dr. Sandhya Susan Varghese, MD (Gem. Med)
Dr. Smitha George, MD (Gen. Med.)