We are proud to state that our Advanced Neonatal & Paediatric Tertiary Care Centre provides one of the best paediatric treatment facilities in Kochi.
Treating a child with an illness is not the same as treating an adult, as it requires specialized care and a different degree of understanding. Unlike adults, children cannot always say what is bothering them nor can often provide reliable answers to medical questions. It is also difficult to medically examine an infant or a child as they tend to be restive and probably not co-operative during the process.
The Paediatrics & Neonatology department comprises of a team of well-qualified specialists and support staff specially trained in delivering neonatal & paediatric patient care. This is complemented by excellent support from other multidisciplinary specialist departments, when required, especially in life threatening emergencies.
The availability of an in-house Level III Neonatal ICU and surgical facilities that provide 24 x7 service, EMC is a front runner in providing the best comprehensive paediatric healthcare in Kochi and has earned the status of a referral unit in the region.
Scope of Services
The department provides outpatient and inpatient paediatric care round the clock.
While the primary focus of the department is to provide timely and effective clinical care to infants and children, we are also concerned about the traumatic effect an illness of a child can bring to their families. We strive to provide a family-centered care approach in treating our young patients, where we work closely with the parents during the entire treatment plan to relieve their anxiety, as well as that of the patient.
For complex cases that require more specialized attention, our multidisciplinary medical teams will provide in-house additional support.
Specialist consultation and inpatient services are available for treatment in the following areas:
• General Paediatric conditions
• Specialized Neonatological conditions
• Paediatric & Neonatal Surgery
• Child development programs
• Level III Neonatal ICU with 1:1 patient-nurse ratio for the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of extremely premature and medically fragile neonates.
• Housed in a spacious environment with facility for parents to stay overnight.
• Availability of a resident paediatrician providing 24×7 service.
• Specialized multidisciplinary support such as obstetrics, neurology, paediatric surgery for handling emergencies.
• State-of-the-art operation theatre suite for handling a variety of surgeries.
• Separate ICUs for neonatal and paediatric cases.
• Specially trained nursing staff providing one-to-one care in the ICUs
• Imaging services that include Neurosonography, MRI, CT, Colour Doppler, X-ray, ECG
Dr.T.V.Ravi, MD (Paed.), DCH
Head of the Department & Chief Paediatrician
Dr. Grace Thomas, MD, DCH(Neonatology) (UK)
Senior Consultant Paediatrician
Dr. M.Narayanan, MD, DCH
Visiting Consultant Paediatrician
Dr. M.Suma, MBBS, DCH
Dr. Reeba Chacko, MBBS, Dip. Paed. (Vienna)
Dr. R.Sindhu, MD, DCH, DNB(Paed.)