Founded on 24th January 1985 as a 50 bed hospital in Kochi, Ernakulam Medical Centre (EMC) has over a span of 30 years evolved into a prominent 300 bed multi specialty hospital in the region providing quality healthcare at affordable cost to the community. This has been achieved as a result of our commitment to ensure excellent healthcare through selfless service, professional integrity and teamwork, as stated in our mission statement. Our goal is to continually improve our performance and strive to be the leading provider of high quality healthcare at affordable cost in the region.
Our greatest asset is a team of nearly 900 staff and we ensure that the services of highly experienced physicians, surgeons and well trained support staff are always available to provide compassionate and individual care with right attitude to our patients in a safe and ambient environment.
- Conveniently situated on the National Highway #47, EMC is easily accessible to Kochi and the neighbouring regions.
- Bed strength of 300 that includes air-conditioned individual rooms for patients and their attendants.
- Intensive Care Units with over 100 beds for cases including trauma, medical and surgical procedures, neonatal and paediatric care, neurosurgical intensive therapy units, burns, cardiology and a full-fledged birthing suite with facilities for ante natal and post natal care.
- Operation theatres with the latest equipment and a central sterile supply department (CSSD)
- Large well equipped clinical laboratory working round the clock with differentiated areas for haematology, clinical pathology, biochemistry, histopathology, microbiology and cytology.
- Pharmacy units working 24×7
- Accident & Trauma Care : As a front runner in the region for providing trauma care in cases related to road and other workplace related accidents, we have built a strong reputation for providing comprehensive emergency care in such life threatening situations.
- Outpatient and Inpatient services : We provide outpatient consultation for the primary diagnosis and treatment of your medical problems in our speciality departments. If additional medical care is required, our consultant will advise you for being admitted as an inpatient.
- Surgical Care: Our expert multi-disciplinary surgeons and other support staff make use of the state-of-the-art facilities available in the hospital to carry out a wide range of surgical procedures, including laparoscopic and endoscopic techniques.
- Intensive Care : With over 100 ICU beds equipped with highly specialized devices and equipment, we ensure top quality care to patients recuperating after a surgery or other critical conditions. Our neonatal ICU is a Level 3 referral unit for newborn care, specially for premature babies.
- Maternity Care: Keeping our commitment to women’s health, we at EMC help you achieve this goal. Our experienced gynaecologists, nurses and other support staff will advise and work with you on your pregnancy, during labour and after delivery to ensure that you have a positive experience with your childbirth.
- Auxilliary Services: We also have separate units for providing services in areas such as physiotherapy, dietetics, audiology, counselling, child development and various healthcare packages.
- Community Care: We care for our community and as part of this commitment, we carry out several programs in this area, including special schemes for senior citizen, local resident associations and other organizations, where we provide our services at discounted costs to the members.