EMC has one of the best Burns Care management facilities in Kerala.
• The BICU with 6 beds is located in a highly sterile and less crowded area of the hospital to ensure that infection control, a vital component in burn management, is given top priority.
• Treatment rooms are equipped with telemetry systems, hydrotherapy units and high environmental controls for burn patients.
• Special beds reduce pressure on patient’s wound and assist in faster healing.
• Our multi-disciplinary team of specialists with experience in burn management carry out the initial assessment and plan of care to reduce the risk of any life-threatening condition that may be present.
• Burn treatment plans also focus on early fluid resuscitation, specialized wound dressing on a regular basis and timely access to other surgical or therapeutic facilities, including dialysis.