Home Diabetes

Diabetes mellitus appears in two forms namely


Type 1 : Insulin dependant

Type 2 : Non insulin dependant



Diabetes mellitus type 2 is a long term metabolic disorder that is characterized by high blood sugar, insulin resistance, and relative lack of insulin. Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Symptoms may also include increased hunger, feeling tired, and sores that do not heal.

Type 2 diabetes is primarily due to obesity and not enough exercise in people who are genetically predisposed.  It makes up about 90% of cases of diabetes, with the other 10% due primarily to diabetes mellitus type 1 and gestational diabetes.
 In diabetes mellitus type 1 there is an absolute lack of insulin due to breakdown of islet cells in the pancreas. Diagnosis of diabetes is by blood tests such as fasting plasma glucose, oral glucose tolerance test, or A1C.
We offer patient-centric management of diabetes (types 1 & 2 ) based on customized treatment for patients belonging to all age groups. We also conduct clinics and awareness programs to help diabetic patients manage their lifestyle with specific advice and medication from our specialist consultants.