National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a constituent board of Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organisations. The board is structured to cater to much desired needs of the consumers and to set benchmarks for progress of health industry in India.
• NABH is an Institutional Member as well as a Board member of the International Society for Quality in Health Care (lSQua).
• NABH is a member of the Accreditation Council of International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua).
• NABH is on board of Asian Society for Quality in Healthcare (ASQua).
Outline of NABH Standards:
The standards provide a framework for quality assurance and quality improvement for hospitals with focus on patient safety and quality of care. They also call for continuous monitoring of sentinel events and comprehensive corrective action plans leading to the building of a quality culture at all levels and across all the functions in the hospital.
The standards reflect two major aspects of healthcare delivery systems namely, patient centered and organization centered functions, as listed below:
Patient Centered Standards
1. Access, Assessment and Continuity of Care
2. Care of Patients
3. Management of Medication
4. Patient Rights and Education
5. Hospital Infection Control
Organization Centered Standards
6. Continuous Quality Improvement
7. Responsibility of Management
8. Facility Management and Safety
9. Human Resource Management
10. Information Management System
The details above are sourced from the website of NABH.