Ernakulam Medical Centre inaugurates a fully equipped Cathlab (Catheterization Laboratory) with modern diagnostic imaging equipment and other facilities to provide 24×7 emergency cardiac care in Kochi. This addition is a new feather in the cap of EMC, with a reputation to provide affordable and comprehensive healthcare to our patients over the last 32 years. The highlights of the new Cathlab facility includes:
• 24×7 availability of emergency life-saving angioplasty services for heart attacks
• A dedicated team of interventional cardiologists providing 24×7 emergency cardiac care
• Fully equipped facility and availability of coronary care ICUs
• Most modern MRI compatible dual chamber permanent pacemaker implantation
• Radial angiograms as daycare procedures, where patients are discharged on the same day
• More than 95% angioplasty procedures are carried out through radial route (arm), compared to the older practice of femoral angioplasties (leg)
• Complex peripheral angiogram and angioplasties.