Patient Care services in EMC are designed to achieve our commitment to provide you and your loved ones a positive and respectful experience during your visits to our hospital.
Our Patient Services department functions round the clock to identify and resolve any concerns or complaints that you may have regarding our service delivery through the various departments and outlets in the hospital.
The primary focus of the department is to interact closely with the patients, their relatives and the hospital service providers through bidirectional communication that assist us in delivering top quality comprehensive healthcare and create a strong hospital image and culture. The department also serves as a liaison to the community and work closely with other health partners, government agencies and local bodies to ensure that the organizational mission of providing an excellent health care to our patients is achieved.
Patient care services help desk is available on 24×7 basis for the following services:
• Provide information and assistance in accessing the patient care services, departments, and facilities available in the hospital.
• Emergency patient assistance in cases related to trauma, accidents.
• Addressing patient concerns and grievance redressal based on the hospital policies.
• Arrange patient transport through the ambulance services of the hospital, as required.
• Provide internal movement of patients through wheelchairs and patient trolleys.
• Protection of patient privacy and liaison with the hospital safety department on matters related to patient safety.
• Provide information and assistance on patient rights and patient responsibilities as per the hospital policy.
• Notifying the family of patients in matters relating to medical emergencies, as required.
• Assistance in handling medico-legal cases brought to the hospital through the local police administration.
• Provide assistance in the timely patient discharge process for inpatients, including the documentation of medical insurance claims for treatment in the hospital.
• Services of a medical social worker to provide psycho-social support to the patients and their families with problems that accompany an illness, its recovery and rehabilitation.
• Arranging programs for patient education on general healthcare issues through special clinics and other events on a routine basis.