Dr. Philip Augustine, a winner of Olympus Mitra Endoscopy Award, is one of the best known Gastroenterologists of the country and a leading expert in pancreatic diseases.
He is a pioneer in therapeutic endoscopy in India and was one of the first to establish therapeutic pancreatobiliary endoscopy in the country. He organized one of the best known medico-surgical gastroenterology units in the country which has done pioneering work in tropical pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer. An eminent healthcare administrator and a member of the ICMR panel of experts in Pancreatology, he was the President of the Indian Pancreas Club.
He is also credited with the first authentic report of existence of Crohn’s Diseases in India in 1995.
He was conferred with Padma Shri Award in the year 2010 for his contribution to the healthcare sector.
1971 MBBS Kottayam MedicalCollege, Kerala University
1975 MD (Medicine) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
1982 DM (Gastroenterology) Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
• Winner of several medals in MBBS & MD.
• Olympus-Mitra Endoscopy Award, Indian Society of Gastroenterology 1994.
• Dr. P.A. Alexander Memorial Oration Award, IMA Academy of Medical Specialities, 1997.
• Dr. V.C. Mathew Roy Memorial Oration Award, Association of Physicians of India, 2001.
• Padma Shri Award in the year 2010 for his contribution to Healthcare sector.
• Won Outstanding Entrepreneurship Award–2011 constituted by Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC)
• Won The George Thomas Kottukapally Award 2012 constituted by The George Thomas Kottukapally Memorial Trust given to an outstanding Business Personality.
• Entrepreneur of the year 2012 Award Constituted by Berchmans Institute of Management Studies, Changanassery.
• Received K3A Business Excellence Award 2015 constituted by Kerala Advertising Agencies Association.
Specialists Training in:
• Advanced ERCP from : Wisconsin Medical College, Milwaukee, U.S.A (1984)
Eppendorf University Hospital, Hamburg, Germany (1987)