Our newly commissioned Audiology & Speech therapy unit in the hospital provides consultation and services related to the treatment of hearing disorders including hearing loss for age groups of 5 years and above.
Hearing disorders involve partial or total inability to hear. It ranges from a deaf person with no ability to hear to others who face partial inability to hear from both or one of the ears.
Hearing loss can occur due to a variery of factors including:
• Congenital deformities
• Continuous exposure to noise from work related activities
• Constant usage of headphones with recreational exposure to loud sounds
• Some types of acute ear infections
• Ear trauma as a result of accidents or injuries
Hearing loss in different forms can affect both children and adults – ability to learn languages in the case of children and to a feeling of loneliness in some elderly people.
Most hearing impairment conditions can be identified by conducting proper audiology diagnostic tests and analysing the results for follow-up treatment.
Services we offer
The audiology unit having the required acoustic facilities and modern instruments conduct the following diagnostic tests and services.
• Pure tone audiometry (PTA) – • Speech audiometry • Special tests – SISI , TDT • Tympanometry & Reflexometry : • Eustachian tube dysfunction (ETD) testing • Oto acoustic emission (OAE) • Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry (BERA) • Hearing aid trial
• Dispensing of digital hearing aids
Consultation Timings :
The services of a team of qualified audiologists are offered from 10:00 Hrs to 18:30 Hrs on all working days from Monday to Saturday.
Please dial 0484-2807277 or 0484- 2807288 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM on all working days for an appointment.