Role of Head Nurses
• Assign duties to staff nurses and arrange their work schedules.
• Ensure that adequate staff levels are maintained round the clock.
• Supervise the activities related to the service delivery in their respective units.
• Daily rounds to ensure that the patient service guidelines are as per the set standards.
• Accompany the doctors during their rounds and provide necessary feedback.
• Provide guidance to their staff on procedures and processes, as required.
• Check the various registers maintained by their units.
• Check the infection control guidelines set for their areas and take corrective action, if required.
• Reports and feedback to the Nursing Superintendent on the day-to-day operations of their units.