Urology Services in EMC
The Urology department in Ernakulam Medical Centre offers comprehensive service to diagnose and treat urological conditions in adults, paediatrics and neonatal patients.
Laparoscopic surgery for many of the conditions including urological cancer is also routinely done.
Common urological conditions we treat include:
• Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
• Urinary incontinence
• Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
• Kidney and Ureteral stones
• Prolapsed bladder
• Blood in the urine (Hematuria)
• Interstitial cystitis or painful bladder syndrome
• Prostate cancer
• Bladder cancer
• Kidney tumour
• Erectile dysfunction
• Penile prosthesis implantation
• DJS Removal
• TURP (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate for benign prostatic hyperplasia
• ESWL – (Extra corporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy). A non-invasive treatment of kidney stones and gall bladder stones using an acoustic pulse.
Paediatric urology conditions include those involving the genital and urinary tracts and are often developed as congenital. We provide the best treatment for such conditions that include:
• Antenatal hydronephrosis – a fluid filled enlargement of the kidney prior to birth and often detected through prenatal scanning.
• Neurogenic bladder
• Nocturnal enuresis – bedwetting beyond a certain age
• Spina bifida
• Undescended testes