ICUs in EMC
The following units are available for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of all severe medical conditions including multiple organ failures:
• Medical ICU – 15 beds – for continuing intensive care for adult patients with chronic impairment of one or more systems.
• Neuro Surgical Intensive Therapy Units (NSITU) – 12 beds – for the highly advanced care for patients recuperating from Neurosurgery and other acute neurological conditions.
• Cardiac ICUs – 3 beds – specialized coronary care for patients suffering from heart related conditions.
• Gynaecology ICU – 6 beds – for advanced Obstetrics & Gynaecology care after delivery and other surgeries.
• Paediatric ICU – 10 beds – Specialised care for children under the age of 14 years.
• Neonatal ICU – 30 beds – Level III category ICU for all Neonatal emergencies and delicate care of the new-borns.
• Burns ICU – 6 beds – One of the premier centres in Kerala for Burns management.
• Recovery ICU – 12 beds – for post surgical observation and stabilization.
• Transit Unit – 6 beds – for detailed observation of patients referred by the Accident & Emergency department.
• High Dependency Units (HDU) – 3 beds – The level of care provided in HDUs lies between that provided in General wards and a full fledged ICU