As part of our patient centred approach to care that we provide in EMC, we allow visitors to our facilities and meet the patients during their stay.
We believe that in most cases such visits are good for the patients well being and of assistance in reducing the stress that can lead to speedier recovery.
However, in order to maintain a safe healthcare environment for all, we have formulated a Visitors policy that needs to be followed by the visitors and attendants, as given below:
• Show respect and consideration of the hospital’s staff and property as well as other patients and their property.
• Respect the need for noise control and the number of visitors.
• Understand that the staff nurse or any assigned person in the nursing department has the right to refuse or remove a visitor from the patient area under the following conditions:
– The safety or health of the patient is impacted by the visitors presence
– The patient does not want to see any or a particular visitor
– The patient is in custody of law enforcement
• The staff nurse can restrict access to visitors in a restricted surgical or procedure area and in Intensive Care Units, as a measure to reduce infections.
• The staff nurse can also restrict the number of visitors at any given point by the bedside in order to provide patients with adequate rest.
• The visting hours in the hospital are between 6:00 AM to 8:30 AM, 12:00 Noon to 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM on all days.
• Visitors will be instructed to leave the patients area at the conclusion of the visiting hours.
• In order to ensure maximum protection for our patients from infection and other related causes, we would request our visitors to be judicious in bringing children along with them and observe all regulations laid down by the hospital management for visitors.