The Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department offers treatment for problems ranging from infertility to high risk pregnancies and uterine disorders. Led by a team of doctors with more than two decades of experience, the department offers comprehensive services for the reproductive health and gynaecological needs of women.
The facilities include an Antenatal area (5 Beds), Baby bay (2 Beds), Birthing bay (5 Beds) and a Gynaec recovery area (6 Beds). An exclusive waiting area for the out-patients and a state-of-the-art Birthing Suite with modern labour rooms providing a conducive labour environment supported by operation theatres for all emergencies have been newly added. A whole range of services from screening to the treatment of major gynaecological problems and specialized laparoscopic procedures such as laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic sterilization and diagnostic laparoscopies are being performed here.
- Preconceptional screening
- Antenatal and postnatal counselling
- Personalised birthing suites with an ambient environment
- Normal deliveries – 24 hour foetal and maternal monitoring
- Painless deliveries - Epidural anaesthesia for those who request a painless delivery
- Management of high risk pregnancies in which either mother or child, or both are at risk. These include instances of Severe Pregnancy Induced Hypertention (PIH), Eclampsia, Impending Eclampsia, Intra Uterine growth retardation (IUGR), Anti Partum Haemorrhage (APH), Painful Premature Reception of Membrane (PPROM) etc. All such cases are professionally handled by the experts from the department.
- Premature babies and those babies at risk at birth are handled very efficiently by a team of skilled and experienced neonatologists supported by anaesthesiologists and ultra sonologists in the Neonatal ICU.
- Adolescent and menopausal counselling
- Screening and prophylaxis against cervical cancer
- Non-surgical approach for myomas / endometriosis
- Laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancy, ovarian tumours, hydrosalpinx etc.
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Advanced Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Antenatal and postnatal muscle toning and body postural advice
- Advanced gynaecological laparoscopic surgery
- Department of Reproductive Medicine & IVF laboratory
- Department of Endocrinology
- Nutritional counselling
Janani Scheme is a unique programme designed by the Department of Obstetrics, intended to culminate in the birth of a healthy baby to a healthy mother. The scheme is divided into three segments pertaining to the three phases of a normal pregnancy, namely, the 1st trimester (the initial three months), the 2nd trimester (the intervening three months) and the 3rd trimester (the final three months). Janani scheme is primarily aimed at normal pregnancies and includes clinical evaluation of the mother by experienced obstetricians at regular intervals as well as periodic investigations like blood tests / ultrasound scan etc. as deemed necessary by the consultant doctors. One can join this scheme either in its entirety or for particular segments. Special packages for normal delivery / Caesarian sections, if required, are also available for members of the Janani scheme.
The state of the art Birthing Suite makes childbirth an evermore enjoyable process for everyone involved. The plush waiting area takes care of the frizzled dads to be and other members of the family. The modern labour room has a more scientific approach towards labour and birth. The unique bed relaxes the mother and puts minimum strain on her back. And the best thing is the absolute hygeine in the whole place, quite disjointed from the rest of the hospital.
For appointments, please call 0484 2807101 - 2807109
Team of Doctors
Dr. Mollykutty Thomas
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
MD (OBG), DGO,Dip.NB (OBG)
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Dr. Susan John
DGO, DNB, MRCOG (UK)
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist,
Consultant in Reproductive Medicine (IVF),
Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgeon
D.Obst. RCP(Ire.), MRCOG(Lon.), ASRM(USA)
Consultant in Reproductive Medicine