Cardiology is a branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the heart that includes medical diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease, and electrophysiology.
The best cardiology hospital provides diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of cardiac problems that does not involve invasive procedures. The best cardiology hospital along with the support from other heart specialist offer comprehensive care for patients of all age groups especially in the department of paediatric cardiology.
• Outpatient and inpatient care
• Management of medical emergencies
• Coronary Intensive Care services
• Evaluation for surgical fitness
• Consultation and advice to referral patients
• Issue of medical certificates, treatment certificates, and discharge summary
• Second opinion services
Click Here to learn more about some of the common conditions and treatments provided by the department.
Neonatal & Paediatric Cardiology
The unit comprising of highly trained staff, latest monitoring equipment including neonatal Echocardiography, strives for early diagnosis and management of congenital and acquired heart disease of neonates and children.
Coronary Care Unit
Has latest monitors, Cardioverter-defibrillators, Invasive & noninvasive ventilators and central oxygen/suction facility, temporary pacemakers, Infusion pumps, etc.
NonInvasive Cardiac Lab
Has the latest Echo system equipped with 2D-Echo, Conventional Doppler, and Colour Doppler? The system has two wide band multi hertz probes for adult, paediatric and neonatal use. It is also designed for vascular ultra sound. The unit also has a modern Tread Mill.
We offer modern state-of-the-art facilities in our non-invasive cardiac units and the specialized intensive care units for cardiac care, that include:
• Echocardiography (2D) (Adult & Paediatric)
• Ultrasonography – 4D scan and Colour doppler studies
• MRI and CT scan
• Ventilators (Adult & Paediatric)
• Tread Mill Test
• Holter monitoring
• Criticare ambulance for safe and controlled transfer of patients
Dr. Blessan Varghese P, MD, DM (Cardiology)
Dr. Nigil Cletus, MD (Gen. Med. JIPMER), DM (Cardiology)
Consultant Interventional Cardiologist