The Department of Neurology at the Ernakulam Medical Centre, the best neurology hospital in Ernakulam hospital plays an important role in our mission to provide comprehensive care to patients suffering from neurological disorders.
The brain, the spinal cord, and the nerves, together with control the functioning of the body. When something goes wrong with any of these components you can have trouble moving, speaking, swallowing, breathing or learning. You can also have problems with your memory, senses or mood. These problems are collectively known as neurological disorders.
Neurological disorders can occur as congenital defects, as part of old age or due to an injury from an accident. Most of these disorders require prompt medical attention and some could even be life threatening.
Our hospital provides the services of highly qualified and experienced consultants for the treatment of neurological conditions and a dedicated unit for handling neurotrauma, providing a comprehensive multidisciplinary care to critically ill patients suffering from traumatic injuries of the brain, spinal cord or the nervous system. The unit operates round the clock and has helped to earn us a reputation of being the pioneers in trauma care in the region, over the last 30 years.
The services provided by the neurology hospital include:
• Outpatient and in-patient care
• Emergency care
• Intensive care services
• Consultation and advice to referral patients
Click Here to learn more about some of the common conditions and treatments provided by the department of best neurology hospital in Ernakulam.
• Outpatient consultation service for neurological disorders
• Special clinics for a headache, epilepsy, stroke and Parkinsonism
• State-of-the-art operation theaters for neurosurgeries (Adult & Paediatric)
• Well equipped Neurosurgical ICUs
• Separate ICU for children with paediatric ventilators
• Spiral CT scan, EEG
• MRI scan
• Multidisciplinary support from other specialist departments for neurotrauma care
Dr. P.N. Dinesh Kamath, MD(Gen. Med.) DM(Neuro)