Urology refers to a wide variety of conditions related to the urinary tract, an organ for filtering and removal of urine out of the body. These conditions can affect patients of all ages and can be congenital. The organs under the domain of urology include the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra and in the case of males, their reproductive organs namely testes, prostate and penis.
The urology department in Ernakulam Medical Centre offers comprehensive service to diagnose and treat urological conditions in adults, paediatrics and neonatal patients. Laparoscopic surgery for many of the conditions including urological cancer is also routinely done.
• Outpatient and in-patient care
• Emergency care
• Surgical care
• Comprehensive care for the urinary stone diseases
• Percutaneous renal surgery
• Intra-renal stone surgery by flexible scopes and laser lithotripsy
• Minimally Invasive surgery (Keyhole or laparoscopic surgery)
• Prostatic surgery
• Video Urodynamics
• Treatment for Impotence
• Treatment for Infertility
• Female Urology
• Paediatric urology
• Reconstructive urology
Click Here to learn more about some of the common conditions and treatments provided by the urology department.
• Services of experienced consultant urologists for diagnosis and treatment as outpatient and inpatient including surgical cases.
• Multidisciplinary support, specially from nephrology and paediatric & neonatology
• Specialized services for paediatric and neonatal urology
• Well equipped operation theaters for laparoscopic surgeries and intensive care facilities for post surgical care
• Facilities for hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
• Support services such as clinical laboratory, CT / ultrasound scan and pharmacy available round the clock.
Dr. Sanel Varghese Chandapillai, MBBS, DNB(Uro), MNAMS, FICS