Role of Infetion Control Nurse
• Conduct daily ward rounds to inspect the documentation on infection control measures.
• Educate the nursing staff on the infection control practices set forth by the hospital.
• Provide feedback on instances of any communicable diseases reported by head nurses.
• Assess and evaluate the isolation protocol done by the unit staff.
• Detection of incidence of hospital acquired infection and identification of the cause of infection.
• Ensure that all hospital employees are vaccinated against infectious diseases, as per hospital policy.
• Participate in regular infection control committee meetings to evaluate the situation at any given time.