General medicine being a basic speciality, our physicians provide primary treatment and care for most of the common medical conditions affecting the body. After the physical examination and routine investigative procedures if any, the results will be analyzed and a primary diagnosis made. Cases requiring complex and advanced diagnosis will be referred to the relevant multi disciplinary specialists in the hospital.
Some of the common medical conditions of general medicine handled by our General Medicine physicians are given below.
Please note that the list does not represent the entire spectrum of conditions handled by our specialists.
You are requested to contact them for more details about your complaints.
• Recurrent infections such as colds, sore throat, chest infections etc.
• All types of fevers such as bacterial infections, viral fevers or parasitic fevers
• Asthma or COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
• Infectious diseases such as malaria, typhoid, dengue, typhoid, tuberculosis etc.
• All metabolic and endocrine diseases like diabetes, cholesterol, thyroid etc.
• All types of digestive disorders and inflammatory bowel diseases
• Some types of heart diseases
• Chronic headaches like a migraine
• Other ailments like a cough, allergies, sinusitis, blood pressure, jaundice
• Hormonal imbalances
• Diseases of joints, limbs, backache etc